We are so excited that one of our wonderful dieters, Maria, was featured today in an article in the Philadelphia Daily News. Maria, who has currently lost 57 pounds, credits her success to true changes in her thinking and behavior. She now consistently does so many things that she never used to do, such as:
1. She always makes sure that she has the right foods in the house that she needs to stay on her diet.
2. She doesn’t worry about spending a little extra on the food she needs, because she knows it’s worth it to be thinner. 3. She always eats slowly while sitting down, and tries to enjoy every bite.
4. She doesn’t let her husband or children distract her from getting her exercise done.
5. She reads her Advantages List before going into a situation she knows could be difficult.
6. When going to a party or celebration, she always plans ahead what food she will eat, or how to get the food she will want to eat.
7. She checks restaurant menus online before going out to eat and decides ahead of time, so she doesn’t get tempted by other things on the menu.
8. She understands that she is making lifestyle changes. She recognizes that she isn’t on a temporary diet.
9. She doesn’t make exceptions in her eating, such as eating more because it’s a special occasion.
10. She doesn’t have ‘good’ foods and ‘bad’ foods, because she knows she can work anything into her diet, as long as she plans it.
11. She consistently gives herself credit for all of her positive diet and exercise-related behaviors, so that she continues to build her confidence and sense of control.
We are so proud of Maria and look forward to following her continued success!